Monday - 7:00 - 7:45 p.m.
Thursday - 7:00 - 7:45 p.m.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before class begins.
TRADITIONAL MARTIAL ARTS TEACH CHILDREN SKILLS THAT LAST A LIFETIME
Designed for children ages 6 and up, our Youth Class is taught in an atmosphere that values respect for self and others.
Children develop the skills necessary for a successful life - patience, concentration, perseverance, self-discipline, self-confidence and a positive attitude, as well as a strong healthy body with good physical coordination.
Stop in to watch a class, or contact us by phone at 814-883-8783 or email email@example.com to arrange for your child's two free introductory classes today!
LIFE-LONG SKILLS THAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN IN OUR PROGRAM
- Respect - One of the basic premises of the martial arts is respect. We will teach your child respect first, and then physical techniques. Our enforcement of answering "yes, sir/ma’am" and our teaching of respectful attitudes helps shape your child’s behavior in a positive direction.
- Patience – In today's world, many people, both children and adults, expect instant gratification. Our curriculum helps children develop patience as they experience achievement through the progression of the WTSDA belt system. Children learn to pursue goals with a “you get out of it what you put into it” mindset and an "always finish what you start" attitude.
- Concentration - Your child will be taught to put "all out effort" into every class. Whether the goal is learning a physical technique, or learning at school, the powers of concentration are fundamental to a child’s performance.
- Self-discipline - We stress self-discipline in our training, and gear it to children's levels of understanding to teach self-control as their minds and bodies mature.
- Cooperation - Group training with other children teaches teamwork and leadership. Mutual respect, good listening skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities are valuable skills that children can use throughout their lifetimes.
- Responsibility - Children learn not only to do the right thing; but also to do the right thing for the right reasons. We teach your child personal responsibility and to make good choices.
Beginning their training, children develop:
- basic self-defense skills
- basic motor skills
- a positive attitude
and how to apply these lessons at home and at school.
They practice how to:
- set and reach goals
- build team and leadership skills
As children progress in their training, they build complex physical skills, achieve greater self-confidence and increase self-esteem.
A MOUNTAIN WIND MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTORS ARE CERTIFIED THROUGH OUR PARENT ORGANIZATION,
THE WORLD TANG SOO DO ASSOCIATION.